Kool Kitty Cat-tip #35:
Christmas is right around the corner! Your Kool Kitties love the lights and shiny Holiday decorations but please consider a few things that might be hazardous to your Kool Kitty during Christmas time:
- Mistletoes and Holly are poisonous.
- Christmas Trees real or fake can be slightly toxic.
- Christmas tree water may be toxic.
- Try not to use Tree Tinsel (they may try to eat it and it can cause them problems digesting it totally out of their system).
- They may try to chew into the light cords.
Considering the above hazards to your Kool Kitty, please try monitor and/or keep your Kool Kitty away from these hazards and especially Christmas and Holiday plants. Please consult your veterinarian if you suspect there may be an issue. We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!
Have a GREAT Kool Kitty Weekend!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #34 (Part 2 of 2 – Kool Kitty Signs of Hydration):
Your Kool Kitty may or may not be getting enough water to keep them hydrated, here are some simple tips to help re-hydrate your Kool Kitty:
- Add a little water to their food.
- Change the type of water bowl (Sizes, shapes, or use glass and steel bowls NOT plastic).
- Use multiple bowls spread throughout the house.
- Try filtered water instead of tap water.
- Change water 1 to 2 times per day.
- Possibly let the water in your sink faucet drip for them to use.
If you have questions regarding your Kool Kitty’s water consumption, please consult your veterinarian! We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!
Have a GREAT Kool Kitty Week!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #34 (Part 1 of 2 – Kool Kitty Signs of Hydration):
Your Kool Kitty may or may not be getting enough water to keep them hydrated; here are some simple signs that may show you they are getting enough water:
- They should be urinating 2 – 3 times per day.
- They are playful and active and not looking lethargic.
- If their skin around their neck bounces back when you pull on it.
- If their fur is shiny and doesn’t contain flakes of dry skin.
If you have questions regarding your Kool Kitty’s water consumption, please consult your veterinarian! We’ll provide some recommendations on how to help your Kool Kitty get re-hydrated in Cat-tip #34 Pt. 2. Have a great Kool Kitty Weekend!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #33 (Part 3 of 3 – Signs of Sickness or Illness):
Knowing your Kool Kitty and their habits and personality can help you identify potential signs of sickness or illness. Lastly, here are some final general signs of sickness or illness your Kool Kitty might be hiding from you or things to check for:
- Sinus problems and drainage or discharge from their eyes or excessive breathing problems.
- New or existing bumps.
- Excessive or continuous not formed feces.
- Changes in fur texture and feel.
- Discoloration of ears or gums.
Always consult your veterinarian if you suspect your Kool Kitty may be sick or suffering from an illness! We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!
Have a great THANKSGIVING from Kool Kitty Toys!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #33 (Part 2 of 3 – Signs of Sickness or Illness):
Knowing your Kool Kitty and their habits and personality can help you identify potential signs of illness. Your Kool Kitty is cute, loving, and cuddly but they may also be keeping secrets from you regarding their health and how they are feeling. Here are some more signs that they may be suffering from a specific illness:
- Dehydration, weakness, vomiting, frequent urination, thirst, and an unkept coat all may be signs of possible diabetes.
- Weight loss, vomiting, irritability, diarrhea, and an unkept coat all may be signs of a potential thyroid problem.
Always consult your veterinarian if you suspect your Kool Kitty may be sick or suffering from an illness. We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!
Have a great Kool Kitty Week!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #33 (Part 1 of 3 – Signs of Sickness or Illness):
It’s important to know your Kool Kitty and their personality. Your Kool Kitty is cute, loving, and cuddly but they may also be keeping secrets from you regarding their health and how they are feeling. Here are some signs to tell if they may be suffering from an illness or may be sick:
- Frequent meowing
- Weight loss
- Not eating or over-eating
- Frequent licking or cleaning
- Disorientation symptoms (dizzy or head tilting)
If any of these happen, please take your Kool Kitty to a veterinarian immediately! We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!
Have a great Kool Kitty Weekend!!! 🙂
Be mindful of head tilting, dizziness or disorientation. All of these may be symptoms of a neurological disorder. If present, your cat should be brought to the vet immediately.
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #32:
Winter and cold weather is coming quickly or is already here in some areas. Try to keep your Kool Kitty and Doggie inside whenever possible. Please take a few minutes to care for any stray animals and feral cats in your area. Here are a few ideas to protect them from the elements:
- Slightly open your garage door to allow them to come in.
- Place food out where you see them.
- Turn an old portable cooler into a little cave for them outside.
- Place old blankets, towels, or clothes in a protected box and wrap the box with plastic.
- Transform a plastic tub into a little cave and layer the inside with cushion.
Anything you can do to help all the animals in your area and/or your Kool Kitties would be helpful to protect them from the nasty weather!!
Have a great mid-week Kool Kitty Day!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #31:
There are several food products that are toxic to your Kool Kitty. A variety of food and food products are particularly harmful and should be avoided at all costs. Some of them are:
- Bread Dough / Yeast
- Mold in any food product
- Any type of onion or garlic product
- Any product with alcohol
Each of the foods listed have different effects, please avoid them and/or keep them away from your Kool Kitty! We want your Kool Kitty to be “Happy & Healthy!!”
Have a great Kool Kitty Weekend!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #30:
Continuing from Kool Kitty Cat-tip #29, there are ways you can help your Kool Kitty feel better by removing mats from their fur:
- You can gently try and work the mats out with your fingers and a good cat brush.
- You can cut them out with a pair of scissors but be careful not to hurt your Kool Kitty. Recommend cutting small pieces at a time and try to work the remaining parts of the mat out as you go. Try not to do all of them at the same time, so you won’t put too much stress your Kool Kitty.
- If scissors don’t work, you could use electric clippers. However, be careful not to stress your Kool Kitty out, and be careful not to hurt them.
- You can also rub cornstarch into the mats and then use a wide bristle comb and try to lightly comb the mats out.
Hope this helps your Kool Kitty feel better! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #29:
Always brush your Kool Kitty! Depending on the length of your Kool Kitty’s hair, you may need to brush them more often (Long hair – once a day / Short hair – once a week or more).
On occasion, your Kool Kitty may get mats in their hair for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, if the matts aren’t handled properly and in a timely manner they may:
- Result in a bad irritation to their skin.
- Could get inflamed or infected.
- Could cause them needless stress and pain.
In Kool Kitty Cat-tip #30, we will cover potential solutions and some tips! We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy & Healthy!!
Have a great Kool Kitty week!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #28:
It’s Kool Kitty Friday!!!
Here are a few possible reasons to answer the age old question, “Why does your Kool Kitty follow you to the bathroom?”
- They could be following an Alpha dominance scenario where they love you and want to know everything about you and follow you everywhere.
- They could be the curious Kitty wanting to see what you’re doing.
- They could want the special quality time you can give them while you’re in there.
- They could be thinking, that no doors should be closed or locked to them if you’re in there.
- It could be the different scents in the bathroom while you’re in there that they are drawn to.
Either of the reasons are cute and Kooooool!
Have a great Kool Kitty Day Weekend!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #27:
There are several reasons why your Kool Kitty will rub against you or head bump you. They may be showing you they love you. They may be letting you know that you are part of their family and by rubbing their scent on you; they will know you are safe! They may be alerting you that they need attention or want something. Either way it’s cute and Kooooool!
Have a great Kool Kitty day!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Tips #26:
Your Kool Kitty’s body language has a lot of meaning. If they are lying down and purring, they are probably very relaxed. If the hair on their lower back is standing up it may mean they are scared or very mad. If the hair on their lower back is flat, it may mean you can touch or pet them.
Have a great Kool Kitty week!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Tips #25:
Your Kool Kitty’s eyes can tell you a lot about their mood. If their eyes are dilated “Large”, the may be scared, nervous, or submissive/relaxed. A little dilated may mean they are on the defense, and fully dilated may also mean they want to play. If their eyes are constricted they may be content or may even be on the offense with some potential aggression.
Please get to know your Kool Kitty’s behavior, moods, and quirks! They are the key to making them Happy and Healthy!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #24:
Your Kool Kitty’s whiskers are essential to them because their whiskers help them perform a variety of actions in their daily life. First, you should never cut or trim them because they are used for:
- They help give you an indication of their mood.
- They are used to measure the size of opening and whether or not they can fit through.
- They are used to feel their way around.
- They are used to detect the changes in wind direction, which helps them move both during the day and especially at night when they are roaming around.
Again, please never cut or trim your Kool Kitty’s whiskers! Hope you and your Kool Kitty have a great Kool Kitty weekend!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #23:
Continuing on from Cat-tip #21 & Cat-tip #22, their are ways to clean set-in urine stains, if your Kool Kitty has an accident outside of their litter box. First, identify the area(s) that the accident occurred, you can either smell or use a black light to find the location(s).
Now here are some ways to remove clean the area(s):
- Soak the area thoroughly with a pet odor neutralizing formula. You should let it soak in for a while before final clean up.
- Other cleaning chemicals may not totally neutralize the odor.
- After the area has been treated for a while, soak up the remaining wet area with paper towel(s). Or you can also double your efforts with a wet vac that has a pet odor neutralizing formula in the cleaning solution.
- Let the area dry thoroughly and try to isolate the area from your Kool Kitty, until there is no real odor.
- You can also triple your efforts by using a carpet stain remover.
- Lastly, you can also place some aluminum foil over the area to prevent them from going back in that area for a little while.
Unfortunately, if the urine has soaked into the padding before you’ve had a chance to clean and treat the area, you may need to completely replace the effected carpet and padding and/or replace the molding and repaint the area.
It’s almost Friday!!! Have a great Kool Kitty day!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Tips #22:
As stated in Kool Kitty Cat-tip #21, there are some potential solutions to prevent your Kool Kitty from using the bathroom outside their litter box:
- You may need to take your Kool Kitty to the veterinarian to see if they have any underlying illnesses.
- Change their litter box, or maybe their litter box is too small.
- Try and clean their litter box more than 1-2 times a day.
- Change the location of the litter box.
- Change the type of litter your using, some cats don’t like the scented cat litter.
- There are products that you can buy to help your cat be attracted to the litter box.
- Try to ensure your Kool Kitty isn’t stressed and the environment is safe.
- Pay attention to your Kool Kitty, sometimes they may need a little more playtime or attention.
Again, your Kool Kitty doesn’t mean to do it. In Kool Kitty Cat-tip #23, we will cover some potential ways to clean and remove the stains.
Have a great Kool Kitty day!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #21:
There are many reasons why your Kool Kitty may be using the bathroom outside their litter box. Some of them are:
- Possible urinary track infection.
- They may not like their litter.
- Litter box needs to be cleaned completely or more often.
- Litter box may be in a bad location.
- They may be marking their territory.
- Another unknown medical condition.
- They could be mad at you. (However, more likely than not, its probably one of the latter reasons.)
Your Kool Kitty really doesn’t mean to do it, even though it can be frustrating. We will cover possible solutions in Kool Kitty Cat-tip #22.
Have a great Kool Kitty week!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #20:
You should try to play with your Kool Kitty as much as possible. However, many foster cats may not have been in an environment where they have been exposed to toys, and they may be scared. Try to pick a small toy or feathers to get them acquainted and comfortable with playing at first. Your Kool Kitty will be happier you took the time to teach them to play! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #19:
Please be aware of potential hazards to your Kool Kitty. Your cat may like to chew on grass or plants in any environment, please be mindful that some plants may be toxic and may make them very sick. Please ask your Cat Community friends or Veterinarian about plants that may be harmful to their health. We want your Kool Kitty to be Happy and Healthy!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #18:
Your Kool Kitty has a host of vocalizations (sounds) that you should get to know and love. Some of them include:
- If they are purring, it’s commonly a sign of being at ease and content.
- Sometimes they will chirp, or give a quick meow to say “Hi”. Sometimes it may also be a sign they are watching something.
- Sometimes they will give a whining mmmeeoooowww, to let you know they disagree or they are in distress.
- If a Meow starts with a low pitch and then rises and then back to a low pitch, it may mean they are HAPPY.
There are many other sounds your Kool Kitty can make, please take time to get to know your Kool Kitty’s sounds. They may be telling you more than you know! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #17:
Halloween is coming up quickly. Please try and keep your Kool Kitty safe and less stressed during Halloween and Halloween events. Keep your Kool Kitty in a safe room or in a comfortable environment where they won’t be scared or stressed.
Have a great Kool Kitty weekend!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #16:
Your Kool Kitty may at times knead on you or something soft. This is potentially a trait they retained from when they were a kitten trying to nurse from their mother. It may also mean they are happy, safe, and showing you some love and trust! In addition, they may also be doing this to prepare for bedtime. 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #15:
Your Kool Kitties behavior can tell you a lot about their mood:
- If their tail is straight up, they are probably happy.
- If their tail is moving like a slow wave, keep petting them.
- If their tail is twitching, they may be looking to hunt.
- If their tail is moving rapidly waving (or erratically), you should probably give them space and stop petting.
Please pay attention to your Kool Kitty! Their tale can give you great signs to learn their moods!!! 🙂
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #14:
Please try to get your Kool Kitty to the Veterinarian at least 1 – 2 times per year. Although they may seem healthy, early detection and prevention will help them stay healthy. Your Kool Kitty Cat Community friends may help provide you with their recommendations on who and where to get the best veterinarian care. Please always keep your Kool Kitty Happy and Healthy!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #13:
If your Kool Kitty keeps you up at night, try playing with them for 10 – 20 minutes prior to bed. It may help them release excess energy and it’s also great exercise for them. Try to always spend time with, and pay attention to your Kool Kitty. Have a great Kool Kitty Week!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #12:
Give your Kool Kitty “Time-in-the-SUN!”
Wherever the sun is in your house, try and keep your shade open during the day to allow the sun in, so your Kool Kitty can enjoy it and warm-up!! Try and position your cat tree or cat bed near a window where they can lay and enjoy the Sun!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #11:
When you pet your Kool Kitty, try to be sensitive to their emotions and behavior. Let them come to you and try to not over stimulate them. If this happens, give them a little time before you pet them to prevent any purely accidental swats or bites (they truly don’t mean to do it)!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #10:
If your Kool Kitty lets you, brush them whenever possible. The benefits in doing so include:
- Helps prevent mats
- Helps reduce shedding
- Helps keep your cat clean
- Helps bonding with your Kool Kitty
- Helps spread natural oils
- May help reduce hairballs
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #9:
Please NEVER declaw your Kool Kitty!!!
There are many alternatives to prevent your cat from clawing at your furniture:
- Get them several different types of Cat Scratchers.
- You can trim their claws regularly with Cat clippers and the prices range from $3.00 – $30.00, and they are easy to use and a great alternative.
- Reward them for good behavior with treats.
Please consult your cat community friends for ideas and other options but NEVER declaw your Kool Kitty!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #8:
As a general rule, try to buy a litter box for your Kool Kitty that is at least 1 1/2 to 2 times the length of your cat. If you have an older Kool Kitty or one with arthritis, try to buy a plastic under-the-bed storage box so they can easily step in and step out.
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #7:
If you don’t spend a lot of time at home, please consider adopting another Kool Kitty cat as a companion or buddy!!!
It should take on average about 30 days to slowly integrate the new companion, but your cat will be so much happier to have a buddy to play with while your away and YOU will be saving another life!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #6:
Every Kool Kitty cat has his or her own personality. Please take some time to get know them! Quite frequently cats will hiss when their scared (its not generally a behavioral problem), give them time to adjust to changes and slowly help them along the way! Have a great Kool Kitty Week!!!
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #5:
When possible try to give your Kool Kitty soft canned food or a mixture of both dry and soft food. We hope every Kool Kitty is happy and healthy!
(Please consult your veterinarian for additional questions or guidance.
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #4:
You should always have 1 to 2 cat litter boxes for your Kool Kitty!!! If you have a multi-level home, have a litter box on every level. Litter boxes should be cleaned at least 1 to 2 times a day (morning & evening).
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #3:
To help your Kool Kitty be comfortable, they should have a cat tree or an elevated area available for them to use.
– They love to watch everything that is going on.
– They love to look for prey (as if they are in a natural environment).
– They feel more secure (safety).
– Its general warmer in the higher elevation for them.
Kool Kitty Cat-tip #2:
To attract your Kool Kitty to a new scratcher, rub catnip on the scratcher.
Kool Kitty Cat Tip #1:
You should have multiple scratching posts made from natural material like sisal for your Kool Kitty. Posts should be placed near your cat’s favorite place to nap and where your family spends lots of time together.